The Business R&D nuclei is a non-refundable grant program with more than 12 years of experience driving the most innovative ideas. Until 2020, it has supported 427 industrial research and development projects in which 812 companies have participated, mobilizing an investment in R&D of 257.9 million euros.
The projects are carried out in different modalities:
- Local R&D projects: executed by Catalan companies that were developing a project to achieve a technological leap in some of the 6 RIS3CAT areas
- Nuclei in circular economy: Since 2018, in conjunction with the Waste Agency of Catalonia, a specific call has been launched in the field of waste
- International R&D projects: executed by Catalan companies with an international partner. Different types of cooperation have been published since the first call:
- Projects with international cooperation for specific topics as a result of ACCIÓ’s participation in European ERA-Net programs such as Eurotransbio, Manunet, Olae +, Biophotonics +, Transport; and Electromobility Europe (closed calls)
- Projects with bilateral cooperation between Catalonia and regions / countries with which cooperation agreements exist. Catalonia-Israel, Catalonia-Germany and Catalonia-Chile bilateral programs have been carried out (closed call)
- Projects with unilateral cooperation, where the granting of aid is not conditional on the international partner receiving funding from the public administration of their country or region (closed call)
If you have an R&D project to develop new challenges and opportunities in industrial research and experimental development, contact us and we will advise you to find your Nuclei!